Welcome to the Hillcrest Residents Association!
It was an honor to be chosen by my friends and neighbors to be a part of the leadership of HRA. I hope over the next year we make strides in preserving the unique character of Hillcrest while keeping an eye on the future.
Living in a historic neighborhood, we know the constant love and attention we must put into our homes to maintain their beauty and upkeep. We are loved by construction crews, plumbers, landscapers and repairmen. Hillcrest is a constant work in progress, inherited from previous generations who imagined each one of us enjoying all it has to offer.
HRA is also a work in progress. New challenges face our neighborhood every day; the explosion of short-term rentals, upkeep of our parks and green spaces, increasing safety and reducing crime, preserving the historic integrity, supporting our schools, just to name a few. Just as we rely on skilled labor for upkeep, we rely on each one of you for the HRA. As a working board who cares deeply for Hillcrest, we welcome each and every one of you to be a part of our mission.
The mission of the Hillcrest Residents Association is to encourage a sense of community, preserve the historic character, promote safety, protect the parks, and support the neighborhood schools and commercial district in Hillcrest.
Hillcrest Residents Association Accomplishments in the Past Year
Communication and Outreach
· Established a strong media presence through weekly eblasts and our Facebook page
· Posted Facebook content with meetings reminders; events; community issues and opportunities; local business promotions; local schools’ promotions and events; and preservation and history
· Currently updating our website to be a better resource for Hillcrest issues and activities
Preservation and Planning
· Preservation and Planning Committee established.
· Created a Design Ordinance Committee
· DOD recommendations were established and passed by HRA Board
· Created a Design Overlay District flyer for which we won the Preserve Arkansas’s 2020 Award for Outstanding Achievement in Preservation Advocacy
· Created and distributed the Historic Neighborhood Design Handbook for which we won the Preserve Arkansas’s 2020 Outstanding Achievement in Preservation Education
· Hosted DOD forums with community
· Worked with the City of Little Rock to acquire sculpture on promenade, as well as a donation and advocacy for the project.
· At least two clean up and planting work-days in Allsopp Park and Knoop Parks
· Sponsorship of memorial bench in Knoop Park
· Supported and advocated for bicycle path in Allsopp Park
· Hosted drive by party for Hillcrest graduates and purchased and displayed banners.
· Supported several school programs and projects
· Sponsorship of school programs and events
· Lobbied LRSD leadership for rezoning of schools
· Sponsored and advocated at HarvestFest
· Held forums and submitted input to City on Short-Term Rental policy in Little Rock
· Held Forum on UAMS construction and street changes
· Increased membership by 150% building a stronger, more diverse voice for our neighborhood
· Developed a recruitment plan to continue building membership
· Began automatic invoices for annual membership renewals
· Purchased Zoom account and established protocol for virtual meetings, continuing all meetings during pandemic.
· Safety Committee meetings with local police and other groups
· New by-laws developed and approved
Marian Boyd: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Davis: email@example.com
Janet Flegal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoinette Johnson: email@example.com
Jan Hollenberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luke Kramer: email@example.com
Laurel Lawrence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Miles: email@example.com
Ross Noland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Person: email@example.com
Caroline Reddmann : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittman Ware: email@example.com
Karen Konarski-Hart: firstname.lastname@example.org